The Kennedy Detail
Read excerpts, watch videos, get book reviews and more about The Kennedy Detail at Simon & Schuster.




Visit Discovery Channel
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WATCH VIDEO CLIPS Cuban Missile Crisis Protecting Jackie Memories ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Kennedy Detail Comments From a Reader

Mr. Blaine:

My name is Alex Bleiweis and I am an undergraduate student at the University of Maryland studying U.S. History. During my Christmas vacation, I read your book, The Kennedy Detail, and I simply could not put it down. I would like to thank you for preserving our nation's history, and I know that your book will continue to be relevant throughout many future generations.

I have long been fascinated with President Kennedy and I try to get a hand on as many books about him as possible. I felt that your book was incredibly enlightening. Aside from the detailed description of the assassination and its aftermath, I was interested to read about how the Secret Service operated on a day to day basis. I was particularly touched by the relationship between Mrs. Kennedy and Clint Hill, and was very moved by the line in which you note that RFK's funeral was the last time these two saw each other.

Once again, I'd like to thank you for writing this book. It gives students like myself the opportunity to further understand the assassination of President Kennedy and its aftermath. In light of reading your book, I plan to visit Arlington National Cemetery and maybe one day be able to go to Dallas to observe the site where history occurred. I thought the book was in good taste and was very well put together in its details.

Sincerely,

Alex Bleiweis

University of Maryland '13
Department of History

No comments: