The Kennedy Detail
Read excerpts, watch videos, get book reviews and more about The Kennedy Detail at Simon & Schuster.




Visit Discovery Channel
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WATCH VIDEO CLIPS Cuban Missile Crisis Protecting Jackie Memories ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Thank You For Writing This Book

Dear Mr. Blaine,

I have never written or responded to authors of books or articles I have read. But, having just finished reading The Kennedy Detail I felt compelled to write to you to say THANK YOU. Thank you for having the courage to re-live those terrible memories in order for the world to finally learn the truth and the details of that horrific event.

I was not quite 6 years old when President Kennedy was assassinated so my memory of the events are limited. I can remember watching the coverage on TV and over the years have always read books written about the Kennedy's and the assassination. I must admit until reading your book I, like many others, was convinced there was a conspiracy that involved foreign governments. However, you and your fellow agents are so credible I don't know how anyone could dispute your account of history. Had this event taken place in the last 10 - 20 years it probably wouldn't be as difficult to believe that the assassination was carried out by one deranged person.

Prior to reading your book I never thought much about the Agents on the Kennedy Detail and how the events of that day altered their lives. I have such a profound respect for you and your former colleagues. I wish you well and again, thank you for writing this book.


Audrey Oswell

No comments: