The Kennedy Detail
Read excerpts, watch videos, get book reviews and more about The Kennedy Detail at Simon & Schuster.




Visit Discovery Channel
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WATCH VIDEO CLIPS Cuban Missile Crisis Protecting Jackie Memories ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Enjoyed Your Book ...

Jerry,

Just a short note to say how much I enjoyed your book, which I finished reading just tonight.

I also enjoyed the Kennedy Detail program on Discovery Channel recently.

I really thought your book had some very touching moments and I am so glad that you wrote it.
I can really identify with your feelings since I was the literary agent who helped retired FBI Special Agent James P. Hosty, Jr., get his book, "Assignment: Oswald," published in 1996.

Jim faced many of the same issues you guys did and remained silent about his experience (two interviews with Marina Oswald BEFORE the assassination and the famous Oswald note that he was ordered to destroy) until his retirement in the mid-90s. He voted for JFK in 1960, and his late wife, Janet, was helping with the luncheon at the Trade Mart the day of the assassination.

Jim was also libeled in Oliver Stone's piece of crap, "JFK," but he has also been widely interviewed by the mainstream media since his book was published which has helped get his story and the truth out. I'd be willing to put you in contact with Jim, who is still in pretty good health in his mid-80s, if you desire. I'd also be willing to trade an autographed copy of his book for one of yours if you'd care to send it inscribed to me at the below address.

I'm a great admirer of JFK and can vividly remember his death, when I was 11 years old. He inspired me to seek a career in public service and journalism, just as President Obama inspired me to seek the Democratic nomination for U.S. Senate here in Kansas this year.

You are certainly right that a lot of misinformation has been published about JFK's death (including Bonar Menninger's incredibly stupid book about a Secret Service agent accidentally shooting the president) but I think that we're turning the corner now on the silly crap and are beginning to set the public straight. Your book greatly helps in this regard.

Thanks again for writing such an outstanding book. I hope that we will have occasion to meet sometime soon. If there is anything that I can do to facilitate your visit to Kansas City, please let me know. There is one locally-owned book store here that regularly attracts big crowds for author lectures and book signings. I am at your service.

With best wishes.


Charles Schollenberger

No comments: