The Kennedy Detail
Read excerpts, watch videos, get book reviews and more about The Kennedy Detail at Simon & Schuster.




Visit Discovery Channel
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WATCH VIDEO CLIPS Cuban Missile Crisis Protecting Jackie Memories ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, January 7, 2011

This From From Grand Junction Chief of Police

Hi Jerry:

I hope that you and Joyce had a great Christmas with your family, and that you also had a chance to decompress from the whirlwind of the past few months.

I wanted to let you know that the "Kennedy Detail" books that you were so kind to sign turned out to be a cherished and valued gift of everyone who received them. Thanks so much for taking the time to make so many Christmas gifts so special.

Perhaps more important, I wanted to let you know how much I am personally enjoying the book. With all the activities of the holidays, I am not quite done with it yet, but it has been nearly impossible to put the book down. I must tell you, Jerry, that the 20 pages or so that directly address the assassination itself are probably the most riveting pages of literature that I have ever read. I have NEVER felt that drawn in to the emotions of an event as I was while reading your telling of the tragedy.

When things calm down for you, let's chat about having you come to speak. My thought is that maybe we could show the Discovery documentary, and then follow it up with a talk and question and answer session with you, but obviously I'm open to suggestions.

It's been an honor to meet and get to know both you and Joyce, and thank you again for making our Christmas so meaningful.


Best wishes,

John

John Camper, Chief of Police

Grand Junction Police Department

625 Ute Ave.

Grand Junction, CO 81501


No comments: