The Kennedy Detail
Read excerpts, watch videos, get book reviews and more about The Kennedy Detail at Simon & Schuster.




Visit Discovery Channel
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WATCH VIDEO CLIPS Cuban Missile Crisis Protecting Jackie Memories ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Kennedy Detail- My Christmas Gift

Jerry,

I won't take much of your time but wanted to give some thoughts after just completing your book...

I am a 44 year old Family Doctor(Erie, PA) and have found through the years that I have formed special bonds with many of my patients. I have been there through the good and the bad. I have been with them through births, deaths and even suicides.
I don't know if this is the same type of bond you developed with your co-workers as well as the president and their families but as I read the book, I felt the pain that everyone went through.

I am not a big fan of reading(as my wife would attest to) but was drawn to the book for some reason and wanted to say to you and all involved...it was by far the best book I have ever read!

You did an amazing job putting the reader in the shoes of the Secret Service Agents and in the end you have achieved your goal of setting the record straight.

I have a photo of John F Kennedy and a note from Joan Kennedy from July 1964(seems maybe related to Senator Ted Kennedy's plane crash) that my grandmother had for years. When she passed, I framed them and have always been intrigued with the Kennedy story. I have not read any other books however, until now.

Again, thank you for an incredible book and God Bless you! I have a new found respect for a very special group of people...The Secret Service!

Livestrong,

Mike Spellacy

No comments: