The Kennedy Detail
Read excerpts, watch videos, get book reviews and more about The Kennedy Detail at Simon & Schuster.




Visit Discovery Channel
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WATCH VIDEO CLIPS Cuban Missile Crisis Protecting Jackie Memories ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, January 17, 2011

To All The Agents Thank You Very Much

I was in grade 7 at the time of President Kennedy's assassination. At that time I was already following the Kennedy family so closely and still do to this day. I have 2 book cases of books on them. I remember Patrick's death and of course the President's death. Now of course Jackie and John are also gone. Reading your book was like being taken back all those 47 years. It is bar-none the best book I have ever read. The personal moments with Jackie, Caroline and little John that are described break your heart all over again. I totally re-lived that assassination all over when reading the book. So many details I had read previously but from your perspectives it was a whole lot more real. It's a book I will not forget soon. Just so sad and tragic after all these years still. Now I will never think about the President and his family without thinking of all the Kennedy detail agents as well.

To all the Agents -- thank you so very much. I can't imagine how hard this would have been for you as you once again re-lived those horrible moments in Dallas by writing the book. You are all totally admirable gentleman. It is shocking and tragic how those events have remained with you for so many years -- and totally understandable. It broke my heart to read the pain that each and every one of you suffered through at the time and all those decades since.

I thought in my lifetime we would never know what truly happened in Dallas that Friday in November. Thanks to you that is no longer the case. You have done America and the world a great service in dispelling all conspiracy theories.

The name and face of Clint Hill of course is the most recognizable of all the Agents and I do recall Bob Foster being a pallbearer at Mrs Kennedy's funeral. That being said, from the bottom of my heart I wish you all nothing but the very best. Your book has touched me in a way I never expected.

Thank you and God bless you all.

Beverly Berger
Coppersands, Saskatchewan
Canada

No comments: