The Kennedy Detail
Read excerpts, watch videos, get book reviews and more about The Kennedy Detail at Simon & Schuster.




Visit Discovery Channel
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WATCH VIDEO CLIPS Cuban Missile Crisis Protecting Jackie Memories ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Book "The Kennedy Detail"

I just finished “The Kennedy Detail” and it was so compelling and captivating. I felt like I was in a flashback and was there right with you during those terrible days. Your words took me right back in history.

I was 9 years old when the assassination took place and remember it very well. I had just returned to school after lunch when our principal announced over the loudspeaker that President Kennedy had been killed. We were all sent home, and my family and I were glued to our TV set over the next 3 days.

I still have the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper articles covering the killing and funeral, my mother had saved them and when she passed away I kept them.

It was a very sad time in history. I thank you so much for giving an insider’s view and the facts of those days. We need to remember.

Regards,

Peggy Stagner Jupp

No comments: